Angela's Cozy Millet Bowl with Mushroom Gravy and Kale
Photo courtesy of Angela at Oh She Glows
Quinoa with Mushroom Gravy
(Adapted from a recipe from Angela at Oh She Glows)
Makes about 2 servings
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (wild rice would be yummy too)
Oil to cook with (I use grapeseed.)
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms (next time I would use more)
3 Tbs vegetable broth powder
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch (can use more or less depending on desired consistency)
1 Tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos (can substitute soy sauce or tamari)
Rosemary, thyme, freshly ground black pepper, and sea salt, to taste
1. Heat oil in frying pan. Add chopped onions and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring as necessary.
2. Add mushrooms and saute for about 10 more minutes, stirring as necessary.
3. While mushrooms are sauteing (is that a word?), whisk together the vegetable broth, water, cornstarch, liquid aminos, and spices/herbs.
4. Pour vegetable broth mixture into mushroom & onion mixture. Cook until it thickens to a gravy-like consistency, about 5 more minutes.
5. Portion quinoa out into 2 bowls, add as much gravy as you'd like, and enjoy!
What's your favorite winter comfort food?